Amadeus unveils new version of e-Travel solution
Dubai, February 22, 2011
Amadeus, a leading technology partner for the global travel and tourism industry, has released version 14.0 of its flagship e-Travel Management solution, the self-booking tool for corporations.
The new version includes a range of enhanced features including the new Travel Arranger Workspace. All of the features used by the travel arranger such as booking and modifying trips, trip reviews, profile management, are now grouped into a single much more intuitive work area. Coupled with enhanced search facilities, this speeds up the booking process as there’s no need to switch between several screens. The following new features are now available within the work space:
• Shopping basket: A trip can be built up by adding passenger elements quickly and easily. Automated alerts signal any anomalies in passenger profiles for faster reactivity.
• Calendar displays: In addition to the enhanced trip review list, the new calendar display gives better visibility. Status highlights and summary pop-ups make searching for PNRs even more efficient.
• Frequent trip templates: Air segments can be booked even faster using templates containing elements of frequently made trips.
The updated version also unveils enhancements to Single View, the solution which shows fare-driven availability composed of several prices for each air segment. Configurable options enable you to set rules giving travellers the choice between one-way combinable and round-trip fares.
Amongst the various other new features available for 14.0, the business traveller can now use iPhone to access and approve trips, in addition to BlackBerry and Windows-enabled devices.
“The new version maintains Amadeus’ vision of supporting corporations anywhere in the world, while locally customising solutions according to customer needs in specific markets,” said Antoine Medawar, vice president, Middle East and North Africa, Amadeus.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline