KHC in deal to manage Riyadh luxury hotel
Riyadh, February 28, 2011
Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), a leading Saudi-based investment firm, said it has signed a deal to manage Fairmont Riyadh, Business Gate, a new 287-room luxury hotel in Riyadh which is set to open in late 2012.
Located just north of the Saudi city, Fairmont Riyadh, Business Gate will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a 4,000 sq m convention centre and a commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies.
KHC, which holds a 35 per cent stake in Fairmont Raffles Holdings International (FRHI), said this is the second Fairmont project in Saudi Arabia. The first is the Makkah Clock Royal Tower, a Fairmont Hotel.
'Our Saudi real estate and hotel projects are solid anchors for Kingdom Holding’s profitability,” said chairman Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, at the signing ceremony.-TradeAraba News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return