Middle East Airlines joins SkyTeam
Beirut, March 2, 2011
Middle East Airlines – Air Liban (MEA), the flag carrier of Lebanon, has signed an agreement to join SkyTeam, a global airline alliance, in 2012.
MEA will be the alliance's second member from the Middle East, a strategic growth market for SkyTeam.
The addition of MEA to the alliance network will enable SkyTeam to compete more efficiently, not only within the Middle East, but also to and from Western Africa. SkyTeam in return offers MEA a complementary global network. MEA customers will be able to connect to the world through traffic flows from the SkyTeam hubs in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
'By joining SkyTeam, MEA being relatively a small airline, will now be able to provide its customers an extensive global network covering Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. MEA customers will benefit from SkyTeam members' loyalty program as well as ST members lounges at all airports worldwide,' said MEA chairman - director general Mohamad El-Hout.
'The Middle East is a strategic market for our alliance as we continue to extend the SkyTeam network to all corners of the globe,' added SkyTeam chairman Leo van Wijk.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort