Emirates to fly twice daily to Cape Town
Dubai, March 10, 2011
Emirates, the leading international airline of the UAE, has launched a second daily flight from Dubai to the South African city of Cape Town.
“South Africa and the UAE enjoy a thriving trade and investment relationship and the launch of our second daily service to Cape Town will help boost this further by supporting new business and tourism opportunities,” said Richard Vaughan, divisional senior vice president of Commercial Operations Worldwide.
“We have seen very strong inbound and outbound demand for our South African services over the last year.”
“This new frequency will bring one of South Africa’s leading tourist destinations within easier reach for visitors, as well as meet the needs of our South African customers for enhanced connections from Cape Town to Europe, the Far East and a host of other points across Emirates’ extensive global network,” added Vaughan.
Starting on the March 27, Emirates’ non-stop service will be operated by an Airbus 340-500 aircraft in a three-class configuration, providing 12 luxurious first class private suites, 42 angled lie-flat beds in business and 204 generously-sized economy class seats. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort