Best Western signs 2nd Bangladesh hotel
Bangkok, March 10, 2011
Best Western International, the leading hotel chain, recently signed its second hotel in Bangaldesh, located on the world’s longest white sand beach destination, Cox’s Bazaar.
Scheduled to be open in the third quarter, the 100-room Best Western Crown Pacific Beach Hotel & Resort Cox’s Bazaar will feature an all day dining restaurant serving international foods, gymnasium, pool café & bar and massage & spa service.
“The addition of Best Western Crown Pacific Beach Hotel & Resort Cox’s Bazaar is representative of our expansion plans for Bangladesh, a destination we have big plans for,” said Best Western International’s vice president of International Operations – Asia & the Middle East, Glenn de Souza.
The town of Cox’s Bazaar - a fishing port and district headquarters - is home to the world’s longest unbroken sandy beach, overlooked by forested hills. Suitable for bathing, sunbathing and swimming, the beach attracts tourists from around the world. It is also a destination of colourful pagodas, Buddhist temples, a Burmese market, great seafood and culture of the indigenous communities.
Cox’s Bazaar is situated just over 150 km south of Chittagong, Bangladesh’s leading seaport, and is connected by both air and road from Chittagong and Dhaka. Another major attraction for visitors to Cox’s Bazaar is Dulhazra Sarafi Park, an animal sanctuary around 50 km from town and which is home to elephants, lions, tigers and crocodiles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly twice daily to Kuala Lumpur
- Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels