Oman Air showcases at Berlin show
Berlin, March 12, 2011
Oman Air, the national carrier of sultanate of Oman, is showcasing its premium products at ITB Berlin 2011, ITB Berlin, one of the world’s biggest travel trade fairs.
“The German people are keen travellers and Oman Air is already a well-known product to them. The ITB event will enable Oman Air to showcase the progress of the airline, and its ambitions for the future, as well as to promote Oman to a global market,” said Abdulrazaq Al Raisi, chief commercial affaires of Oman Air.
“Since the commencement of the first direct flights from Oman to Germany in autumn 2009, Oman Air has established close partnerships in the German travel and tourism industry and has successfully positioned the new benchmark-setting product on the market.”
“Oman and Oman Air have also been featured in several specialized travel and tourism magazines. Steadily rising figures and an increasing load factor demonstrate the success of Oman Air in Frankfurt and Munich,” he added.
“With the proactive measures initiated by the Ministry of Tourism in promoting Oman as a distinctive destination, along with our convenient flights to the German cities of Munich and Frankfurt, coupled with our superior services on board, these have ensured in return an increase in the number of tourists to Oman,” Al Raisi continued.
“Among the other services and products showcased would be Oman Air Stopovers, which are attractive short-stay hotel packages available from all over the Oman Air Network, irrespective of the class of travel.”
“With the option of luxury five-star hotels or convenient four-star hotels for business travel and even resort hotels for that perfect leisure break, Oman Air Stopovers are now enhanced to provide holiday-makers even more options and value-for-money. Oman Air will also be promoting the Visit Oman Arabian Pass (VOAP) that offers the most convenient, flexible and cost-effective way to explore Oman and the other Arabian countries,” he concluded.
ITB Berlin, which opened on March 9, will conclude tomorrow (March 13). – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard