Mövenpick to showcase projects at GIBTM
Abu Dhabi, March 17, 2011
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, the leading Swiss hospitality chain, will promote its 13 regional projects under development at the upcoming Gulf Incentive Business Travel & Meetings Exhibition (GIBTM) in Abu Dhabi.
GIBTM is set to take place from March 28 to 30 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
Toufic Tamim, vice president sales & marketing – Middle East for Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, said GIBTM has now firmly established itself on the regional MICE calendar.
“We look forward to building new relationships in Abu Dhabi and renewing existing ones,” he said. “We want to take this opportunity to assess the incentive market and find out about clients’ needs and obtain leads that will convert into new business.”
Among the key properties that will be promoted are the recently opened Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel and Mövenpick Hotel Deira in Dubai, which will highlight their ‘Meet for free’ offers.
The recently refurbished Mövenpick Hotel & Residence Bur Dubai and the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach will be represented at the event, together with the upcoming Royal Amwaj Resort & Spa, an Asian-inspired retreat on Palm Jumeirah.
The stand will also host the Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Beirut – whose rooms have been renovated – and inform delegates about its diverse five-hotel portfolio in Jordan, which includes Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, Mövenpick Resort & Residence Aqaba, Mövenpick Nabatean Castle Hotel, Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and Mövenpick Resort Petra.
In addition, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts from key MICE destinations within Europe, Asia and Africa will be represented during the show.
Alongside the new-build promotion for hotels across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Oman, which amounts to 4,463 rooms, the premier meetings exhibition will also be an ideal platform to court MICE planners and bookers and explore new incentives markets for its existing hotels, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn