Abu Dhabi hotels win Russian travel awards
Abu Dhabi, March 17, 2011
Two of Abu Dhabi’s landmark hotels, the Emirates Palace and the Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, have won top honours in the 2010 Russian Travel Awards.
The Emirates Palace, which has a 1.3 kilometre private beach-front, ranked 6th in Russian travellers’ top ten luxury venues, while Qasr Al Sarab, nestled among some of the world’s tallest dunes in the Liwa Desert, came in 10th.
The award results, culled from an online poll of 100,000 Russian travellers and which recognise excellence and innovation in the luxury travel market, were released to coincide with MITT 2011 - Russia’s largest consumer travel fair. Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) has a pavilion at the show with around 20 of its leading stakeholders.
“This is a significant sign of greater awareness of Abu Dhabi as a luxury destination among the important Russian outbound segment,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, international promotions manager, ADTA.
“The awards are driving greater interest in our destination from within the Russian market. As Russia’s outbound segment is increasing dominated by demand for high-end beach resorts, Abu Dhabi is staking a stronger claim with an increased number of shore-front properties and more coming on line by the end of this year.”
ADTA has recently appointed a marketing team in Russia and is introducing its members to the Russian travel trade and media at MITT. Plans for a fully-fledged ADTA office in Moscow are being finalised with contractual negotiations on building lease agreements in the advanced stage.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route