US visa services returning to normal
Manama, March 24, 2011
Visa services for those travelling to the US will return to normal on Sunday, the American Embassy said in a statement.
It said applicants should schedule an appointment and complete all necessary application forms through the embassy's website at http://bahrain.usembassy.gov.
Services for US citizens will be available on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays from 1.30pm to 3.30pm, as well as Thursday mornings from 9am to midday.
'Although the embassy continues to urge American citizens to defer travel to Bahrain at this time, the travel warning issued by the US Department of State has been updated to reflect that Bahrain International Airport is considered safe for transit travel,' the embassy said.
lThe US is urging Americans to avoid Bahrain because of the threat of violent political demonstrations.
'We urge US citizens to defer travel to Bahrain at this time. US citizens currently in Bahrain should consider departing,' the US State Department said in a travel warning issued yesterday.
The department warned spontaneous demonstrations and violence could be expected throughout Bahrain but said there was no indication Americans were being threatened or targeted.
On Thursday, the State Department authorised the voluntary departure from Bahrain of dependents and non-emergency employees because of ongoing civil and political unrest.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct