Dubai International wins Skytrax award
Dubai, March 31, 2011
Dubai International was named the best airport in the Middle East at the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards 2011 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This is Dubai International’s third trophy from two major award events this year, the first being Airports Council International’s Airport Service Quality Awards in February where Dubai picked up the Best Airport in the Middle East, and the Best Improvement (ME).
“Dubai International’s latest win is a testament to the commitment we have made to our customers,” said Paul Griffiths, chief of Dubai Airports.
“We have risen to number four on the world’s busiest airports for international traffic with 47.2 million passengers in 2010, and it’s heartening to see that we have managed to enhance our customer service even as the airport continues to grow.”
The World Airport Awards are based on 11.38 million survey questionnaires completed by over 100 different nationalities of airline passengers in 2010/2011, covering more than 240 airports worldwide.
The World Airport Survey was established in 1999.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head
- Air Arabia raises $350 million loan
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan