Embassy urges Filipinos to remain vigilant
Manama, April 5, 2011
Filipinos have been advised to share their travel plans within Bahrain with family or friends.
The call was part of an advisory letter issued by Ambassador Corazon Yap-Bahjin, urging the community to be vigilant at all times.
'Please be vigilant at all times because you can inadvertently be at the wrong place at the wrong time,' said Yap-Bahjin. Spontaneous demonstrations and violence may still occur so everyone is reminded to always bring a cell phone with them at all times.
'You are also reminded to share travel plans with a family member or a friend.'
She also urged community members to watch Bahrain Television at 9pm everyday as announcements made by the embassy will be broadcasted by Filipino newscasters.
Meanwhile, the embassy has activated its new website, providing all the information and help to the community round the clock. For more information, visit the embassy website http://philembassy-bahrain.com or follow it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PhilippineEmbassyBahrain. People can call 17721234, fax 17720827 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Philippine Overseas Labour Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Association can be contacted on 17740951 and 17721908 or fax 17740829.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement