Embassy urges Filipinos to remain vigilant
Manama, April 5, 2011
Filipinos have been advised to share their travel plans within Bahrain with family or friends.
The call was part of an advisory letter issued by Ambassador Corazon Yap-Bahjin, urging the community to be vigilant at all times.
'Please be vigilant at all times because you can inadvertently be at the wrong place at the wrong time,' said Yap-Bahjin. Spontaneous demonstrations and violence may still occur so everyone is reminded to always bring a cell phone with them at all times.
'You are also reminded to share travel plans with a family member or a friend.'
She also urged community members to watch Bahrain Television at 9pm everyday as announcements made by the embassy will be broadcasted by Filipino newscasters.
Meanwhile, the embassy has activated its new website, providing all the information and help to the community round the clock. For more information, visit the embassy website http://philembassy-bahrain.com or follow it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PhilippineEmbassyBahrain. People can call 17721234, fax 17720827 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Philippine Overseas Labour Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Association can be contacted on 17740951 and 17721908 or fax 17740829.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc