Qatar Airways to fly daily to Budapest
Doha, April 12, 2011
Qatar Airways will expand its service to Budapest with the launch of direct daily flights from Doha, effective September 14.
The direct route will be dropping the existing stopover in Bucharest, Romania. The new schedule is an enhancement to the initial three times weekly schedule which commenced on January 17.
'It means that the journey time is shortened for passengers travelling from Budapest to the Middle East and enables increased options for onward connections to Asia,' said Kam Jandu, director of Aviation, Budapest Airport.
'Moreover, we can offer more capacity on their Airbus A320 flights to Hungarian originating travellers.'
The news follows hard on the heels of the official inauguration of Budapest Airport's new SkyCourt. The centrally located, spacious new 24,000 sqm terminal building brings together Terminals 2 A and B.
Unveiled recently, the glass building which is expected to become an iconic Budapest feature, offers 39 catering and retail outlets over a 4,300 sqm area, including a 1,400 sqm walk through duty free shop operated by Heinemann of Germany.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct