BA signs codeshare with Royal Jordanian
Dubai, April 14, 2011
British Airways and Royal Jordanian, the national airline of Jordan, recently signed a new codeshare agreement that allows customers to gain direct access to Amman from Heathrow.
Customers can buy a British Airways ticket between Heathrow and Amman on a flight that will be operated by Royal Jordanian, a statement said.
The codeshare went on sale April 12 for travel from April 19, it added.
The daily service to Amman is operated by an A330 with both business and economy cabins, from Heathrow’s Terminal 3.
Those customers have the ease of booking direct through ba.com and can take advantage of British Airways’ worldwide network at Heathrow for connecting flights.
Jamie Cassidy, British Airways’ area general manager, Middle East, Asia and the Pacific, said: “This new codeshare with Royal Jordanian is a real bonus for our customers wanting to fly to Amman. It’s a strong addition to the destinations BA serves and will prove popular with both direct customers and those connecting from around our global network."
Guido Ruther, Royal Jordanian’s chief commercial officer, said: “We are proud to extend the codeshare routes with our oneworld partner British Airways to include Amman.”
“This will enhance the offer to oneworld customers and will strengthen the route and the competitiveness of the Royal Jordanian product even further.”
Royal Jordanian has been codesharing on British Airways’ domestic and Scandinavian flights from Heathrow since 2008, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home