Amadeus Gulf gets new managing director
Abu Dhabi, April 14, 2011
Amadeus, a leading travel technology partner and transaction processor for the global travel and tourism industry, has appointed Adrian Gane as the new managing director for Amadeus Gulf.
A joint venture global distribution company owned by Etihad Airways and Amadeus IT Group, Amadeus Gulf is integral to Etihad's distribution system and safeguards Etihad's position with travel agents and other business partners in the Gulf region.
“I am delighted to welcome Adrian who brings with him a wealth of experience into this key role, including a deep understanding of the Middle East’s industry and culture,” said chairman of Amadeus Gulf and Etihad Airways’ senior vice president cargo, Roy Kinnear.
“His extensive knowledge of the aviation and travel industries will be invaluable at Amadeus Gulf and I look forward to working closely with him in the near future.”
Adrian will be responsible for looking after the UAE, Oman and Bahrain markets. He replaces Geert Boven in this position, who has been appointed as senior vice president - Americas, at Etihad Airways.
A British national, Adrian brings to the company a solid professional background in the corporate world, having held several senior positions in the aviation industry, mainly with Cathay Pacific Airways.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return