Amadeus Gulf gets new managing director
Abu Dhabi, April 14, 2011
Amadeus, a leading travel technology partner and transaction processor for the global travel and tourism industry, has appointed Adrian Gane as the new managing director for Amadeus Gulf.
A joint venture global distribution company owned by Etihad Airways and Amadeus IT Group, Amadeus Gulf is integral to Etihad's distribution system and safeguards Etihad's position with travel agents and other business partners in the Gulf region.
“I am delighted to welcome Adrian who brings with him a wealth of experience into this key role, including a deep understanding of the Middle East’s industry and culture,” said chairman of Amadeus Gulf and Etihad Airways’ senior vice president cargo, Roy Kinnear.
“His extensive knowledge of the aviation and travel industries will be invaluable at Amadeus Gulf and I look forward to working closely with him in the near future.”
Adrian will be responsible for looking after the UAE, Oman and Bahrain markets. He replaces Geert Boven in this position, who has been appointed as senior vice president - Americas, at Etihad Airways.
A British national, Adrian brings to the company a solid professional background in the corporate world, having held several senior positions in the aviation industry, mainly with Cathay Pacific Airways.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey