Etihad features Masdar City in travel guide
Abu Dhabi, April 19, 2011
Etihad Airways has announced that it will feature Masdar City, one of the world’s most sustainable cities, as part of its new ‘Essential Abu Dhabi’ on-line travel guide.
www.essentialabudhabi.com is designed to provide business and leisure travellers with important information regarding the emirate as a destination.
“Masdar has made significant progress, reflecting the government’s commitment to clean energy and economic diversification. Business and leisure travellers worldwide will be interested in this important story and we are pleased to help promote this organisation and the values it stands for to visitors in Abu Dhabi,” stated James Hogan, chief executive officer of Etihad Airways.
“Masdar City is open to the public to experience. We encourage visitors to see how future cities will be built and managed,” added Dr Sultan Al Jaber, CEO of Masdar.
The Masdar City site currently hosts six buildings including research laboratories, classrooms and residential space that are completed and operational. There are also restaurants, banking services, an organic supermarket and other innovations at the site. The exciting Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) system is popular as it offers a potential glimpse into the future of transportation.
Designed to enhance Abu Dhabi’s place as a top tourism and ‘meetings incentives conferences and exhibitions’ (MICE) destination, the campaign features a dedicated website – essentialabudhabi.com – backed with brochures featuring the exclusive offers on board all Etihad aircraft.
Hotels, tour operators, dining outlets, shops, adventure parks, cultural attractions and sports facilities are providing a range of offers to entice tourists and business travellers, to spend time in Abu Dhabi with a wide range of fantastic discount offers and deals.
The program is supported with an international marketing campaign as well as being promoted through partner outlets and sales channels.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers