Hilton opens 16th Egypt hotel
Cairo, April 21, 2011
Hilton has opened its 16th hotel in Egypt with the Hilton Zamalek Residence Cairo.
The 88-room and 76-suite property overlooking the Nile completed a $20 million renovation to convert to the Hilton brand.
Situated on picturesque Zamalek Island, Hilton Zamalek Residence Cairo is located between downtown Cairo and Giza, approximately 20 km from Cairo International Airport. It features five restaurants including an all-day dining restaurant, specialty restaurant, coffee shop, pastry shop and pool café. Guests can also make use of three meeting rooms, a business centre and a health club and spa.
“With its central location in the diplomatic quarter of Cairo, and its breathtaking views of the Nile, Hilton Zamalek Residence Cairo is an ideal location. Our guests, many of which will stay with us on a long-term basis here, will enjoy our authentic hospitality and premium products and services, all in the comfort of somewhere they can call home,” said Dave Horton, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
Hilton Worldwide first entered Egypt in 1959 and since then has grown to 17 hotels, a total of 6,500 rooms, across Cairo, Luxor, Alexandria, Hurghada and the Sinai Peninsula.
Hilton Zamalek Residence Cairo joins Ramses Hilton, Hilton Cairo World Trade Centre Residence and Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort as the fourth Hilton Hotels & Resorts property in Cairo.
Hilton has 17 hotels in Egypt and another three in the development pipeline. The company has 49 hotels in total across the Middle East and Africa with 28 more due to open in the next three to four years.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home