Luxury resort to open off Bahrain coast
Manama, April 24, 2011
A luxury resort off the coast of Sitra in Bahrain is on track to open soon, a report said.
The Al Dar North Beach Boutique, an expansion of Al Dar Island resort with six brand new luxury chalets, was due to be launched last month but had to be put back due to the country's unrest.
'We had set up this expansion a while ago with an opening to coincide with the Gulf Air Formula One Grand Prix when thousands of tourists flock to Bahrain,' said owning company Rashid Investment Holdings project manager Simon Smugg.
'But the developing situation had us postpone the opening.'
He said the chalets were ready for use pending some last-minute paperwork and hoped they would be ready to receive guests in a few weeks.
'The one, two and three-bedroom chalets feature state-of-the-art facilities and all modern amenities, said Smugg.
'We have had a poor run since the middle of March but visitor numbers have picked up substantially now.'
Smugg said the number of visitors per day had been restricted to 150 to maintain a feel of exclusivity.
'Additional facilities we have created include an extended front main beach area and six shaded double beds having been set up on the water's edge,' he said.
For a limited period visitors can get a return sea taxi ride from the Sitra fishermen's wharf, entry to the island and a sun lounger for BD5.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares