Flydubai debuts route to Addis Ababa
Dubai, April 27, 2011
Flydubai, a Dubai-based low-cost airline, has inaugurated its service to Ethiopia’s capital city Addis Ababa, marking its seventh route to Africa.
“The sky is the limit for Africa - it has emerged into a dynamic global force over the past decade and the increase in the number of our routes is testament to the trade, cultural and political links that exists between the Middle East and Africa,” said Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai.
“As one of the gateway cities into the rest of the continent, Addis Ababa is representative of the industry, energy and ambition that characterizes the region and we look forward to supporting the African tourism industry and larger economy with our new route," he added.
Flydubai will fly three times a week between Dubai and Bole International Airport of Addis Ababa.
Other destinations in flydubai’s Africa network include Djibouti, Alexandria, Sohag, Luxor, Port Sudan and Khartoum.
Ethiopia’s strong trade links to the UAE currently rest on the import–export of agricultural produce and oil, but with the diversification of both economies, more partnerships are expected to come into play, promoting travel between the two nations, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers
- Health insurance must for Saudi visa