RJ inks deal for ticket sales with MasterCard
Amman, April 27, 2011
Royal Jordanian and Middle East Payment Services (MEPS) have signed an agreement that enables passengers to pay for their tickets at the RJ sales offices in Jordan and outside using MasterCard.
MEPS has provided all RJ sales offices in the kingdom and many of those in international cities with modern electronic payment devices to facilitate payment procedures for passengers using the MasterCard.
RJ president/chief executive Hussein Dabbas pointed out that the agreement comes within Royal Jordanian plans to facilitate the work flow and automate travel arrangements, which include credit card payments. He said the service is going to save passengers time and effort.
Middle East Payment Services CEO Said Shuqom added that the credit card payment method will contribute to simplifying travel procedures for Royal Jordanian passengers through the use of the latest computerised equipment that ensures the needed protection to effect safe payment.
MEPS offers ticket payment services, but it also facilitates payment for other businesses, such as hotels, restaurants, travel and tourism agencies, car rental, hospitals and a variety of shops in Jordan, Syria and Palestine. MEPS is owned by a number of Jordanian banks.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand