Etihad backs awards for overseas Indians
Abu Dhabi, April 27, 2011
Etihad Airways partnered with Remit2India for the first-ever “The Light of India Awards” ceremony held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York recently.
The awards recognise exemplary achievement by overseas Indians in the fields of business leadership, corporate leadership, political leadership, science and technology, journalism and literature and arts and entertainment.
“The individuals honored here have proven themselves to be exceptional leaders among Indians living abroad, for their talent, dedication and individual successes,” stated Etihad Airways’ senior vice president Americas Geert Boven.
“Etihad Airways is proud to be the international airline partner of The Light of India, and an ongoing supporter of the Indian community. Both as a strong international market for our guests and as a valuable part of our workforce, Indians have made great contributions to the success of our business.”
India is the largest market served by Etihad, with 52 flights per week from Abu Dhabi to eight destinations: Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Calicut and Bangalore.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum