Starwood to open new Sheraton in Dubai
Dubai, May 3, 2011
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, the owner of Sheraton and St Regis brands, has signed an agreement with leading property developer Abdulsalam Alrafi Group towards opening a new Sheraton hotel in Dubai.
Scheduled to open beginning of 2014, the hotel will be part of a three-tower mixed-use project located in the heart of Dubai’s commercial district.
The new Sheraton Dubai Sheikh Zayed Road Hotel is part of the Sheraton brand’s global strategic expansion plan that includes adding more than 60 new hotels and over 20,000 rooms to the Sheraton portfolio over the next three years.
“We are delighted to be working with the Abdulsalam Alrafi Group as we open our newest Sheraton hotel in Dubai, a destination that continues to see growing demand from both business and leisure travellers,” said Roeland Vos, President, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa & the Middle East.
“Starwood is established as the sector leader in the Middle East and we are dedicated to continued growth and expansion in the region. This market continues to be integral to our overall development strategy.”
Abdulsalam Alrafi, chairman of Abdulsalam Alrafi Group, said: “We look forward to a very fruitful association with Starwood and we are confident that, through this partnership, the Sheraton Dubai Sheikh Zayed Road shall be one of the leading destinations in the UAE and Gulf Area.”
The new Sheraton Dubai Sheikh Zayed Road Hotel will comprise 660 rooms including 480 guest rooms and 180 serviced apartments.
The hotel will also feature extensive dining, conference and leisure facilities as well as signature Sheraton amenities including the all-white Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, designed to meet AAA’s Five Diamond Award criteria, a Sheraton Club Lounge and the Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft communications hub where guests can socialise or make connections on-line.
The hotel will face the Dubai World Trade Centre and Dubai International Financial Centre, a prime business location that also offers convenient access to the Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Beach and the Dubai Marina. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares