Emirates boosts services to Tunis
Dubai, May 4, 2011
Emirates has launched an additional weekly flight between Dubai and Tunis, in a move to support the Tunisian tourism industry and provide passengers with more flexible travel options.
The carrier will now operate four flights per week to Tunis from its hub in Dubai.
'Emirates is committed to offering its customers the best travel experience on the market and now customers in Tunisia have even more convenient access to our network of over 110 global destinations,' said Jean Luc Grillet, SVP of Commercial Operations for Africa.
Currently, Emirates’ flights to Tunis are served by an Airbus A330- 200 aircraft offering 237 seats in a three class configuration: 12 First Class Suites, 42 Business Class and 183 Economy Class seats.
Flight EK 747 departs Dubai at 0935 hrs (local time) and arrives in Tunis at 1255hrs (local) every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. The return flight, EK 748, departs Tunis at 1510hrs (local) and arrive in Dubai at 1155hrs (local).
Emirates currently operates 15 A380s on the following routes: London Heathrow, Manchester, New York, Paris, Sydney, Auckland, Toronto, Bangkok, Seoul, Jeddah, Hong Kong and Beijing and Shanghai.
The airline operates a fleet of 152 wide-body Airbus and Boeing aircraft to 111 destinations in 66 countries and has placed orders for an additional 200 aircraft, worth more than $68 billion.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain