Flydubai, Travelport ink distribution deal
Dubai, May 4, 2011
Flydubai, Dubai’s first low-cost airline, and Travelport, the business services provider to the global travel industry, have signed a distribution agreement.
The tie-up will ensure that all Travelport-connected travel agents worldwide have full access to flydubai fares.
The multi-year deal will enable the fledgling carrier to tap into the extensive worldwide network of 63,000 travel agents who currently use Travelport’s Galileo or Worldspan global distribution system (GDS) for their travel booking needs. In turn, these agents will gain access to content from one of the Middle East’s leading low-cost carriers.
Importantly, from today, travel agents will be able to book flights with flydubai and partner airlines under the same passenger name record.
“Partnering with Travelport will give us exposure to an important global network of travel agents and help diversify our customer base, bringing our success to the next level,” said Ghaith Al Ghaith, chief executive of flydubai.
“We are delighted to offer our travel agents such valuable airline content and look forward to adding more into our fold in the months ahead,” added Rabih Saab, president and MD, Travelport Middle East and Africa.
Travelport is the first GDS provider to be able to offer travel agents fares and inventory from flydubai, which operates a growing route network of 36 destinations with a fleet of 16 aircraft.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief