Adnec wins top honours at World Travel Awards
Abu Dhabi, May 4, 2011
Adnec (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) was named “Middle East’s Leading Exhibition Centre” at the World Travel Awards 2011 Middle East ceremony held recently.
“Our second World Travel Award in three years is a testament to Adnec’s rapid rise in the global events industry. This award is particularly significant as it is voted for thousands of industry professionals from around the world and recognises our industry leadership in what is a very competitive industry,” stated Humaid Al Dhaheri, chief sales & marketing officer, Adnec.
“In 2010, we witnessed a 24 per cent spurt in the number of events staged over the previous year (2009) and Adnecwould like to remain a magnet for a growing and varied number of events in the coming years.”
Hailed as “The Oscars of the Travel Industry”, the World Travel Awards” celebrates brands that are pushing the boundaries of industry excellence.
This latest recognition for Adnec follows other international accolades including ‘International Venue of the Year’ (2010 AEO awards) and ‘Best International Venue’ (Exhibition News Awards 2010).-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced