Adnec wins top honours at World Travel Awards
Abu Dhabi, May 4, 2011
Adnec (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) was named “Middle East’s Leading Exhibition Centre” at the World Travel Awards 2011 Middle East ceremony held recently.
“Our second World Travel Award in three years is a testament to Adnec’s rapid rise in the global events industry. This award is particularly significant as it is voted for thousands of industry professionals from around the world and recognises our industry leadership in what is a very competitive industry,” stated Humaid Al Dhaheri, chief sales & marketing officer, Adnec.
“In 2010, we witnessed a 24 per cent spurt in the number of events staged over the previous year (2009) and Adnecwould like to remain a magnet for a growing and varied number of events in the coming years.”
Hailed as “The Oscars of the Travel Industry”, the World Travel Awards” celebrates brands that are pushing the boundaries of industry excellence.
This latest recognition for Adnec follows other international accolades including ‘International Venue of the Year’ (2010 AEO awards) and ‘Best International Venue’ (Exhibition News Awards 2010).-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain