Thomas Klein to merge with Spanish firm
Dubai, May 11, 2011
Thomas Klein International (TKI), the Dubai-based hospitality consultant, has joined forces with KV Consulting, a Madrid-based hotel sales and marketing consultancy.
“KV Consulting has a large portfolio of prestigious clients in the South American and European markets who have also expressed a keen interest in the niche services offered by TKI,” said Daniel During, principal and managing director of TKI.
“TKI’s area of expertise lies in developing and operating hospitality ventures, including hotels and resorts, whereas the KV Consulting team specialise in promoting, selling and representing such properties. With this merge of companies and expertise, we are able to successfully manage any hospitality venture, hotel and resort whilst maximising our presence in both markets,” he added.
Through its combined global presence and previous experience, the company is also primed to explore additional avenues of opportunity across the expanding BRIC countries, and further afield, in response to the ongoing challenges in the traditional feeder markets, During said.
“Furthermore, there is great potential in the market for underexploited properties in Europe where service is below standard, and the facilities have not been renovated or upgraded for many years,” he continued.
“In addition to desperately needed service and facility upgrades, TKI’s development experience means that we can add value to an underperforming property by creating or improving revenue-generating outlets suited to the project and its target markets,” he added.
“Once the properties have been renovated, the KV Consulting team will be able to position these properties in the various markets and promote them within the existing network of top-end clientele,” explained During.
The merged companies will operate under the brand name Thomas Klein International and the company’s hotel management head office will be located in Madrid. KV consulting and Thomas Klein International will continue to offer their current scope of services within their own markets, but they will also benefit from exposure to new markets, a statement said.
“I am delighted to join forces with TKI to undertake this new challenge, as they have a proven record of success, and are viewed as true professionals in the industry,” said Karina Vilanova, the founder and owner of KV Consulting.
She will be appointed as the new managing director of TKI Madrid. She has extensive experience in the hospitality industry having worked for many well known international hospitality brands.
KV Consulting currently represents various clients in South America and Europe, including well-know hotels such as Valle Perdido in Neuquen, Las Torres in the Chilean Patagonia and Baie Des Anges in Punta Del Este.
KV Consulting, founded in 2004, provides a full range of sales and marketing services for international hotels brands as well as boutique hotels and resorts, and promotes and positions these hotels worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard