Emirates Skywards loyalty program wins awards
Dubai, May 18, 2011
Skywards, Emirates Airline’s frequent flyer program, has been voted the Middle East's Leading Airline Rewards Program at the recent World Travel Awards.
This prestigious accolade comes just after Skywards won four awards at the 2011 Frequent Traveller Awards across the Middle East, Asia & Oceania region for Best Earning Promotion (Miles Accelerator), Best Elite Program, Best Customer Service, and overall Program of the Year. These honours join two additional awards conferred at the 2011 Loyalty Conference recognising the unique Skywards Miles Accelerator and being named Best Loyalty Program by Middle East Traveller Magazine.
In January 2010, Skywards enhanced its programme structure in response to the evolving business environment and as a result of input and feedback from Skywards members.
When Skywards introduced the new programme structure, the intent was to offer members more choice and flexibility. Skywards offers miles on all fares without exception, plus bonuses of 75 per cent and 150 per cent for Business and First Class travel respectively.
In terms of rewards, Skywards members can choose either Saver or Flex Flight Rewards in any cabin, with no blackout dates or Upgrade Rewards which are allowed on any fare and redeemable at check-in or on-board. Furthermore, in terms of status, Skywards is extended to members over any 13 months to achieve Silver or Gold status.
'The Skywards Miles Accelerator is unique in its offering of a wide range of flight bonuses throughout the entire year on Emirates lighter flights, allowing customers to maximise the miles they can earn,” said Emirates’ Brian LaBelle, VP Skywards.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued