Saudi agencies warned on travel ban
Riyadh, May 31, 2011
The Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry has urged travel and tourism agencies not to promote travel to countries blacklisted by Saudi authorities.
A number of Asian countries including Thailand has been blacklisted by the authorities, said a report in Arab News.
“Non-abidance of the travel ban on Thailand by these agencies would be considered a violation of the law and those who promote travel to these banned countries would be questioned by authorities,” the chamber was quoted as saying by the report.
The chamber has already distributed a circular in this respect, which was issued by the Council of Saudi Chambers of Commerce and Industry on the instructions of the Interior Ministry, it said.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- RAK's Beach Hotel wins leisure hotel award
- African aviation expo launched
- Marriott opens first Courtyard hotel in Saudi
- Crowne Plaza names Bahrain sales head