Taj Palace Dubai announces new promotion
Dubai, June 8, 2011
The Taj Palace Hotel Dubai has launched a new promotion offering executive room rates starting from Dh 499 valid until August 27.
The hotel recently announced that it will run its first Goan Food Festival from July 19 to 30.
This presents the ideal opportunity for families to enjoy not only the Dubai Summer Surprises Shopping Festival with super accommodation rates, but a taste of India at the same time, a statement said.
Taj Palace Hotel Dubai is located in the centre of Deira, with easy access to major transportation hubs, and a few steps from the Metro station.
For the Goan Food Festival, well-known Goan chef Urbano de Rego is being flown over from the Taj Holiday Village in Goa to introduce this exciting cuisine to Dubai diners. He will be putting together a complete menu of his specialities and will be cooking for lunchtime and dinner diners daily.
“Chef Rego is one of the best Goan chefs there is and we are very excited to have him here in Dubai showcasing his extraordinary skills,” said Andreas Mueller general manager Taj Palace Hotel Dubai.
“He has more than 30 years experience cooking Goan food and is a popular figure throughout Goa.”
Diners can expect to be served up some of chef Rego’s signature dishes which include Camarao Tigre con Cilantro - tiger prawns in coriander, stuffed crab meat in a crab shell and whole pomfret Recheado.
The special Goan promotional menu will be served in the hotel’s Indian restaurant Handi from 12 noon to 3pm and from 7pm to 11pm daily.
The Taj Palace Hotel Dubai offers 159 executive rooms and suites. It has 90 serviced apartments and five multi-cuisine restaurants namely Handi, the award winning Indian restaurant, Sakura, the Japanese restaurant, the Italian Verdi and the Arabic Topkapi. A health club with its two rooftop pools and the Taj Spa make up the wellness offering.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely