Rosewood names MD for Abu Dhabi hotel
Abu Dhabi, June 14, 2011
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, the global manager of ultra-luxury hotels and resorts, has appointed Luigi Romaniello to the position of managing director of Rosewood Abu Dhabi.
Romaniello will oversee all areas of the new hotel including the property’s array of signature restaurants and Sense spa.
Romaniello has been with Rosewood for 11 years, most recently as managing director of The Mansion on Peachtree, A Rosewood Hotel & Residence in Atlanta, Georgia.
Rosewood Abu Dhabi, featuring approximately 190 guest rooms and suites, and 140 serviced residences, will be located on Sowwah Island, the core of Abu Dhabi's new central business district and is due to open in summer 2012.
“Rosewood is committed to creating world renowned hotels and resorts,” said Bob Boulogne, chief operating officer of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.
“We are pleased to have such a distinguished industry veteran open this spectacular property. His years of experience and wealth of knowledge in the hospitality industry is well suited to lead efforts at Rosewood Abu Dhabi,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief