Mövenpick Deira launches summer promotion
Dubai, June 19, 2011
The Mövenpick Hotel Deira, the latest five-star addition to Dubai’s ‘old town’ skyline, has launched its summer promotional rates, focusing on the traditional GCC markets.
“Not every visitor to Dubai wants sun, sand and sea, many, especially those from Middle Eastern countries want shade, shops and sales, irrespective of their length of stay,” said Michael Nugent, the hotel's general manager.
"As the saying goes, ‘variety’s the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour,’ and Deira has that in bucket-loads,” added Nugent.
The hotel has taken what was its lowest room rate and applied a 25 per cent discount across the board. Summer rates, valid until August 31, now start at Dh295 ($80.30) subject to tax and service charges with additional discounts on pre-booked meals.
The Deira area is well known for its myriad of independent Arabic restaurants, cafes and shops. For those requiring some serious retail therapy, the hotel operates complimentary bus shuttles to Al Ghurair Centre, Mirdiff City Centre and Outlet Mall.
“Obviously location is key,” said Nugent. “Being in the heart of Deira, taxis are plentiful and the area is so compact, the cost of getting around is very reasonable as well.”
The hotel is also offering some extremely competitive incentives to local companies over the summer period.
“The world of commerce does not shut down over the summer in Dubai and many business meetings still take place. However the summer does provide busy executives with the opportunity to bring their families with them for a short break and we want to make that a reality for as many as possible,” said Nugent.
The hotel has two restaurants, a bar, an outdoor swimming pool and a fully equipped fitness centre. In-house guests also have access and complimentary transfer to the hotel's private Oceana Beach Club on The Palm Jumeriah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares