Doha’s Al Gassar Resort to open reservations soon
Doha, June 28, 2011
Al Gassar Resort, a new luxury waterfront project in Doha, will open for reservations soon, the project’s developer has said.
The developer, Resorts Development Company, has invested significantly in creating a unique look for the iconic, triple-towered residences and for the magnificent St. Regis Hotel.
With exterior work on all areas of the resort set to be completed over the summer, a new Doha landmark is ready for its grand opening later in the year, it said.
Design has played a key role in the development of the resort, with grandly-scaled buildings unified through the skilful placement of piazzas, decorative water elements and pools, and inviting open spaces for walking and relaxation.
Omar Alfardan, president of Resorts Development Company, said: “The Al Gassar Resort is set to be an iconic project for Qatar, providing an unmatched quality of life for everyone who stays there. Design is a key component of every element of this incredible development – from our palatial ballrooms through to the unmatched luxury of the St. Regis Hotel. We are even working with international brand names to bring a new standard in food and beverage services to Qatar under the umbrella of the Al Gassar Resort.
“When we began work on this project, we said we wanted to make it one of the finest destinations in the region. As we move towards completion, we hope the people of Qatar feel the same strong sense of excitement that we feel, as we begin to offer a new level of luxury for residents, businesses and guests, supported by a philosophy of unparalleled service and style,” he added.
The centrepiece hotel of the resort, the St. Regis Doha, is part of the St. Regis properties worldwide, renowned for providing the epitome of luxury environments and service. From the Gilded Age origins of the flagship New York City hotel established by the famed Astor family over 100 years ago, the signature St. Regis experience has come to stand for a rarefied world of privilege, discretion and refinement that is unique in the hospitality industry, a statement said.
A discreet distance behind the hotel looms the triple-towered Residences, with two parallel, towered wings. The tallest of the three towers acts as a focal point, positioned centre stage behind the two wings. With a range of executive apartments available, from business bachelor quarters to opulent family spaces with as many as five bedrooms, the Al Gassar Resort provides unmatched luxury, the statement said.
The main circular tower has a mix of one, two, three and four bedroom apartments with 5-bedroom penthouses and a dedicated external swimming pool. The twin residential towers offer elegantly appointed apartments with breathtaking views and accommodates the incredible ballroom at the base.
Al Gassar Residences’ selection of elegantly furnished apartments is fully-equipped with every comfort, including spacious and relaxing bedrooms, stylish shower rooms, and contemporary kitchens. Many of the apartments have balconies with exclusive views of the Arabian Gulf and the multi-colored night skies of West Bay.
Technology also plays a starring role throughout the resort. Hotel rooms and suites, and all residences, are equipped with top-of-the-line electronics and appliances. All accommodations feature plasma TVs with complete home entertainment and interactive HD TV systems. Complimentary wireless internet access is available throughout the resort. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental