Foras Tourism to launch dynamic travel portal
Dubai, July 3, 2011
Foras Tourism, a unique initiative of the GCC-based travel industry, will launch an integrated, configurable and dynamic virtual online travel platform by August 2011.
The portal will utilise up-to-date technology, providing an easy access system that offers comprehensive, exclusive wholesale packages, hotels booking, flights, visas, sightseeing and tickets, said a statement.
Foras Tourism, launched at the ATM 2011 in Dubai, is a part of the Jeddah-headquartered Foras International Investment, the investment arm of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC).
Headquartered in Dubai, Foras Tourism will focus on the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Iran, Kuwait, Malaysia, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt in the first phase.
The new portal will offer a complete range and consolidated online travel services in a virtual travel environment, providing real-time inventory with instant availability, pricing, booking and online confirmation, said the statement.
“We are bound to personalise these services for our valued customers, in order to reduce costs and time,” said a spokesman.
The company will be able to provide the best negotiable rates, based on a high purchase volume and link to the most accurate and modern technology that satisfies customer’s needs and taste, he said.
“We value personal information protection and privacy and hence have developed a completely secured online environment in order to facilitate browsing and booking our offers in easy and secure environment,” he said.
The company is inviting all travel agents, hotel chains, independent and local hotel management, tourism suppliers and other industry players to be part of the Foras Tourism experience. -TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador