Rak Airways to launch Doha flights
Ras Al Khaimah, July 4, 2011
RAK Airways, a national carrier of the UAE emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, said it will start four weekly flights to Qatar capital Doha starting from tomorrow (July 5).
Announcing this on Monday, RAK Airways CEO Omar Jahameh said, 'By adding a sixth destination to our network we are providing travellers with a value offering to yet another exciting destination.'
'The introduction of our Doha sector is in keeping with our strategic plan to add five new destinations to our growing route network before the end of the year,” he noted.
With the introduction of the Doha flights, passengers from the Indian sub-continent will be able to take advantage of convenient connections to Qatar via Ras Al Khaimah, Jahameh added.
The airline will fly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays leaving RAK International Airport at 2.45pm and arriving in Doha at 2.45pm (local time). On return, it will leave Doha airport at 3.45pm and arrive in RAK Airport at 5.45pm (local time).
Jahameh pointed out that the destination had been strategically chosen as the new flights 'will provide a value option to both business travellers, who can take advantage of the growing trade opportunities in Qatar and leisure travellers.'
'Following Qatar’s recent 2022 World Cup win, business travellers are well placed to capitalize on the burgeoning opportunities in the country’s hospitality and tourism sector,' the airline chief said.
'Doha is increasing in popularity as a tourist destination offering visitors a unique blend of cultural and entertainment attractions such as the Museum of Islamic Art and the Grand Mosque in addition to varied world-class shopping and dining options,' he added.
On the special benefits, Jahameh said 'Included in the price of each flight to Doha is a full hot meal and beverages on-board all flights, a baggage allowance of 30kg per passenger as well as the normal hand baggage allowance and free shuttle service between RAK International Airport and the neighbouring emirates for each flight.'
RAK Airways also offers free parking for passengers who wish to drive to RAK International Airport which is 30 minutes away from Sharjah and 45 minutes away from Dubai, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers