Etihad seals codeshare deal with French rail
Abu Dhabi, July 5, 2011
Etihad has signed a new code share deal with French Railways (SNCF) under which its passengers can book flights beyond Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) by connecting onward to SNCF’s 2,000 km high-speed TGV rail routes.
The seamless air-rail connections comprise 20 cities in France including Bordeaux, Le Mans, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Rennes and Strasbourg, said an Etihad official.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways chief commercial officer said: “We’ve just gone double daily to Paris, and combined with this exciting new codeshare with SNCF, it illustrates Etihad’s growing commitment to passengers travelling to and from France.
"The new codeshare services are on sale from today. Tickets can be booked online or its contact centres, or through travel agents selling Etihad tickets."
Allowing them to book tickets closer to their departure and arrival points is a fantastic proposition to our customers," Baumgartner noted.
"The high-speed rail infrastructure already in place, and the proven credentials of SNCF and Etihad will allow passengers a seamless travel experience through Paris CDG airport on to the TGV network and vice versa," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return