Etihad seals codeshare deal with French rail
Abu Dhabi, July 5, 2011
Etihad has signed a new code share deal with French Railways (SNCF) under which its passengers can book flights beyond Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) by connecting onward to SNCF’s 2,000 km high-speed TGV rail routes.
The seamless air-rail connections comprise 20 cities in France including Bordeaux, Le Mans, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Rennes and Strasbourg, said an Etihad official.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways chief commercial officer said: “We’ve just gone double daily to Paris, and combined with this exciting new codeshare with SNCF, it illustrates Etihad’s growing commitment to passengers travelling to and from France.
"The new codeshare services are on sale from today. Tickets can be booked online or its contact centres, or through travel agents selling Etihad tickets."
Allowing them to book tickets closer to their departure and arrival points is a fantastic proposition to our customers," Baumgartner noted.
"The high-speed rail infrastructure already in place, and the proven credentials of SNCF and Etihad will allow passengers a seamless travel experience through Paris CDG airport on to the TGV network and vice versa," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi MICE sector ‘growth to continue’
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog