TDIC sees higher 2011 loss; delays bond sale
Abu Dhabi, July 18, 2011
Abu Dhabi's government-owned Tourism Development and Investment Co (TDIC) will incur higher losses in 2011 compared with last year and has delayed a potential bond sale to the fourth quarter or 2012, its chief financial officer said.
"In 2011, the loss will increase on a net income basis, EBITDA will be flat. We will continue to be a net cash user for the next 5 to 7 years," said Shaun O'Connor, TDIC's chief financial officer.
TDIC, tasked with bringing branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums to Abu Dhabi, recently completed roadshows for a potential bond issue but has delayed the sale due to current market conditions. The firm plans to issue a bond in the fourth quarter or next year when markets stabilise, the CFO said.
"We will issue in Q4 if markets stabilise, if not then, next year. We don't need the money......" O'Connor said.
TDIC may have put on hold plans for a 10-year bond issue, two banking sources said last week. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers