Al Ain 2012 air show set for December
Al Ain, July 19, 2011
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) said that Al Ain Aerobatic Show, the Oasis City’s annual aerobatics display, will next year be held over the December UAE National Day weekend next year.
The 10th edition of the annual series, moving from its traditional January schedule, will take place from November 30 to December 2, 2012 at Al Ain International Airport.
“This new schedule, which includes the Friday/Saturday weekend and the December 2 Sunday public holiday will give UAE residents and international visitors the chance to travel to Al Ain for a long weekend break taking in the show and the other attractions in this city which has just been inscribed as a UNESCO Heritage Site for its rich archaeological and historic treasures,” said Faisal Al Sheikh, events manager, ADTA.
With a daily programme of daring aircraft aerobatics and an activity-packed spectator village, the Al Ain Aerobatic Show has become a key fixture on ADTA’s expanding major events calendar.
“Quite simply it’s a great day out for all the family with attractions for all ages,” said Al Sheikh. “And as it regularly attracts a daily attendance of upwards of 35,000 it is a fantastic vehicle for sponsors to interact with the UAE public of all nationalities.”
“And, as next year will mark the show’s 10th anniversary, we are planning to introduce additional activities to commemorate the past success of this much-loved event and map out its great future,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity