Al Ain 2012 air show set for December
Al Ain, July 19, 2011
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) said that Al Ain Aerobatic Show, the Oasis City’s annual aerobatics display, will next year be held over the December UAE National Day weekend next year.
The 10th edition of the annual series, moving from its traditional January schedule, will take place from November 30 to December 2, 2012 at Al Ain International Airport.
“This new schedule, which includes the Friday/Saturday weekend and the December 2 Sunday public holiday will give UAE residents and international visitors the chance to travel to Al Ain for a long weekend break taking in the show and the other attractions in this city which has just been inscribed as a UNESCO Heritage Site for its rich archaeological and historic treasures,” said Faisal Al Sheikh, events manager, ADTA.
With a daily programme of daring aircraft aerobatics and an activity-packed spectator village, the Al Ain Aerobatic Show has become a key fixture on ADTA’s expanding major events calendar.
“Quite simply it’s a great day out for all the family with attractions for all ages,” said Al Sheikh. “And as it regularly attracts a daily attendance of upwards of 35,000 it is a fantastic vehicle for sponsors to interact with the UAE public of all nationalities.”
“And, as next year will mark the show’s 10th anniversary, we are planning to introduce additional activities to commemorate the past success of this much-loved event and map out its great future,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction