Gulf Air hosts seminar for travel agents
Manama, July 28, 2011
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, held a seminar for local travel agents to discuss the airline’s new commercial initiatives and identify ways to boost cooperation between both parties.
The event at the Gulf Hotel hosted by representatives from the airline’s commercial team including chief commercial officer Karim Makhlouf and senior sales manager for Bahrain and Saudi Arabia Yahya Bu Ali was attended by over 20 local agents.
“Gulf Air has had a long-standing relationship with the travel agents in Bahrain and we recognize the important role they play in our business,” said Makhlouf.
“Their knowledge and experience of the local market and their well-established personal relationship with clients is something we value greatly. We will be able to leverage these strengths to each other’s benefit while we make sure our customers - the travellers - receive the best of both,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain
- Etihad, airBaltic start direct Riga flights
- Dubai Istithmar sells stake in landmark Miami hotel
- Tourism Ireland to launch coastal touring route
- Etihad to launch 8 new routes in 2014
- Gulf Air launches Thiruvananthapuram service