Bahrain Summer Festival draws 83,000
Manama, August 2, 2011
Around 83,000 visitors enjoyed events as part of the third annual Bahrain Summer Festival, which concluded on Sunday.
The success has prompted organisers to pledge more quality acts next year and expanded venues to allow more people to take part.
Organised by the Culture Ministry under the theme 'A Victory of Joy', the festival aimed at promoting unity within the community, expressing hope and optimism in the future of Bahrain and restoring tourism.
Events took place at Cultural Hall, Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BICC), the Nakhool Tent in Arad as well as hotels and shopping centres.
The tent averaged 1,600 visitors per day, while world-class artists performed before capacity crowds, with more than 37,000 people attending the hall and BICC, according to organisers.
The highlights of the festival included first-time appearances by Merchants of Bollywood, The Dhol Foundation and the Gazillion Bubble Show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct