Qatar Airways launches daily Kolkata flights
Doha, August 13, 2011
Qatar Airways recently launched daily non-stop passenger service from Doha to Kolkata, taking its India flights to 95 per week.
The addition of flights to Kolkata on the Qatar Airways growing global network strengthens the airline's presence in India, where it now operates 95 flights a week, offering North American customers a seamless travel experience to 12 Indian cities.
"Introduction of our latest destination has been well timed to coincide with the busy holiday season as families travel to and from India, one of our most important markets,” said Akbar Al Baker, chief executive officer of Qatar Airways.
"As our 12th Indian gateway, the addition of Kolkata demonstrates Qatar Airways' commitment to one of the world's fastest growing economies with India's rapid pace of development prompting the need for more flights to serve rising demand for air travel to and from the country.”
"Qatar Airways has strategically positioned itself as a global connector flying passengers seamlessly across continents, from East to West in comfort and style, with an award-winning service onboard that has become the envy of others across the global airline industry,” he added.
Qatar Airways' flights to India cover Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Cochin, Kozhikode, Goa, Amritsar and Bengaluru. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement