Qatar Airways, Brazil’s Gol sign code-share deal
Doha, August 18, 2011
Qatar Airways, recently named Airline of the Year 2011, and Brazil´s Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes, have implemented a new code share agreement.
The deal will connect travellers from Doha to 46 cities across Brazil through Sao Paulo Guarulhos International Airport, said a statement.
With this new agreement, Qatar Airways’ customers are able to purchase a single itinerary combining flights on both carriers’ global networks, affording them the ease of one-stop ticketing and through baggage check-in.
Qatar Airways, the national airline of Qatar, operates daily non-stop flights between its Doha hub and Brazil’s largest city of Sao Paulo, using its flagship Boeing 777-200 Long Range aircraft.
Configured with 42 seats in Business Class and 217 seats in Economy, every passenger in both classes has access to a fully interactive individual audio and video entertainment system with more than 900 programming options to choose from.
Gol has the most extensive route network in Brazil, with more than 900 daily departures to dozens of key Brazilian cities, including Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Curitiba, Foz da Iguaçú, Porto Alegre, Florianópolis and Londrina.
Qatar Airways chief executive officer Akbar Al Baker said: “We are pleased to now be growing our passenger base through this exciting new partnership with Gol Linhas Aéreas, which offers a convenient travel experience across Gol´s domestic network in Brazil to the many international destinations we fly to beyond our Doha hub.
“Whether passengers are flying to Brazil or from Brazil, we assure a seamless experience with our new partner airline Gol.
“Qatar Airways’ operations are strategically well placed to connect passengers travelling between East and West, and with schedules that offer excellent transit times as little as 30 minutes, we provide an exciting array of destinations for onward travel across the Middle East and Asia Pacific,” he said.
Gol´s marketing and communications vice president Claudia Pagnano said: “We are honoured to partner with Qatar Airways, an airline that, like Gol, is constantly focused on delivering a great experience to all travellers. We look forward to introducing Brazil´s most important cities to Qatar Airways global customers.”
The airline said customers may purchase Qatar Airways’ flights from several Brazilian destinations through the Global Distribution System (GDS), online travel agencies, by contacting Qatar Airways reservations or visiting the global site www.qatarairways.com or local Brazilian site www.qatarairways.com/br - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home