Mövenpick opens first 5-star hotel in India
Dubai , September 7, 2011
Swiss hospitality company Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has announced the launch of its first Indian property, the five-star Mövenpick Hotel & Spa, in Bangalore.
The hotel officially opened its doors on Wednesday, becoming the first property in India for the international upscale hotel company.
Jean Gabriel Peres, president & CEO of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts said he was excited about launching its first property in the heart of India's 'Silicon Valley'.
'It is a contemporary property which is in keeping with 21st century India and its rising stature on the global stage,' he remarked.
The five-star hotel is superbly designed as a contemporary business destination whilst also offering exciting leisure opportunities for relaxation, dining and entertainment, the official added.
Conveniently located near the main business districts of the city and a 30-minute drive from the airport, the modern hotel boasts of a stunning water feature at its entrance and an illuminated glass staircase, lending a warm feel to the corporate traveller focused property.
The hotel's services are every bit as progressive as the design, with guests enjoying complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, a first in the city. All 182 rooms contain flat screen LCD TV with integrated media systems, said Gabriel Peres.
'This opening marks a new milestone for our company entering the Indian Subcontinent with the Mövenpick Hotel Bangalore. We are convinced that the hotel's facilities, in combination with our personalised service delivery and the Swiss approach to quality, will appeal to domestic and international travellers alike,' he added.
According to him, guests can enjoy a selection of four dining and entertainment options including the 24-hour My Place restaurant, the Obsidian bar, featuring a striking 1920s art deco interior design, the Italian restaurant Mezzaluna and the soon-to-open Perfect Sky, the hotel's rooftop restaurant and lounge.
A dedicated floor for banqueting facilities includes a grand ballroom with separate entrance, whilst seven meeting venues offer an ideal setting for exclusive board meetings, corporate celebrations and stylish social functions.
Leisure facilities include a stunning swimming pool with infinity edge located on the second floor, and the state of the art spa and fitness centre.
Kodandaram Ramaiah, managing director MSR Hotel (Bangalore) and owner of the upscale property, said he looked forward to a long and successful relationship with Mövenpick.
'The company has built up a large profile in Europe, Africa and the Middle East and are very positive to drawing in global travellers who know the brand, as well as introducing it to executives within the Subcontinent,' he noted.
Moevenpick said it has strong expansion plans in India and has recently announced a second property in the country, the Mövenpick Dharamshala Resort & Spa, an exclusive 110-room resort in the Northern Indian Kangra Valley due to open in 2013.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home