Abu Dhabi Rosewood names marketing director
Abu Dhabi, September 12, 2011
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts has appointed Roddy Gordon as director of marketing of Rosewood Abu Dhabi, which will become the newest addition to the brand’s collection of properties next year.
Gordon, a strategic sales and marketing professional, has 23 years of experience in the hotel industry, with emphasis on the premium hotel and service sector.
He was vice president of Sales and Marketing for Tamani Hotels and Resorts, Dubai for the last three years, and previously held a variety of positions with Hyatt International.
He has a BA in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Administration from Robert Gordon’s University in his home city of Aberdeen, Scotland.
Gordon now takes full strategic sales and marketing responsibilities for Rosewood Abu Dhabi, which is due to open in the fourth quarter of 2012 by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, the premier operator of ultra-luxury hotels and resorts.
He reports to Rosewood Abu Dhabi managing director Luigi Romaniello.
Rosewood Abu Dhabi will feature 189 guest rooms and suites, 137 serviced residences, four destination restaurants, Sense spa and a luxury shopping centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct