Flydubai offers online rental car booking
Dubai, September 15, 2011
Flydubai, Dubai’s pioneering low cost airline, has launched its new car rental service allowing passengers to book a vehicle online through the airline’s website.
The service, available exclusively on flydubai.com, finds the best rates from more than 650 car rental companies across 35,000 cities and airports in 185 countries.
“The launch of our car rental service is another example of offering passengers more choice every time they travel. This new facility also makes it more convenient and therefore a little less stressful for people to find some of the most affordable rates no matter where they fly,” said Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai.
The service, provided in conjunction with CarTrawler, follows the launches earlier this year of the flydubai bus, which provides a direct link between Dubai Terminal 2 and Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, and travel insurance packages.
“We are delighted to be working with such a progressive airline as flydubai,” said Robin White, head of Sales with CarTrawler.
“A landslide of airlines now clearly recognise that a multi supplier car rental model generates superior revenue to a single supplier model."
"By working with CarTrawler, flydubai is adding an important revenue stream to its bottom line. It has a strong route network and we are confident car rental will be a key part of the booking choice in the years to come,” White added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement