Gulf Air discusses new initiatives with agents
Manama, September 19, 2011
Bahrain national carrier Gulf Air held a second seminar at the Gulf Hotel for local travel agents to discuss the on-going rollout of its new commercial initiatives.
The event was hosted by the airline's commercial team, led by chief commercial officer Karim Makhlouf and senior sales manager for Bahrain and Saudi Arabia Yahya Bu Ali.
More than 30 agents attended the seminar.
Praising travel agents for their continued support as the airline rolls out its new initiatives, Makhlouf said: 'Today's event is part of our ongoing strategy to increase our home market share to 50 per cent and win back the hearts and minds of the people of Bahrain.'
'Travel agents are a key partner for us,' he said. 'We recognise the important role they are playing in helping us achieve this goal,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project