Damac to launch new hospitality firm
Manama, September 26, 2011
Luxury developer Damac Properties is set to unveil its new serviced apartment offering, ‘Damac Suites and Spa’ at the 'Cityscape Global' expo which opens in Dubai on Tuesday.
A premier real estate exhibition, Cityscape Global will run till September 29 at Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Damac's new offering 'Suites and Spa’ is a luxury apartment management service, established to cater to the growing demand of serviced premises, said a statement from the Dubai developer.
The hospitality management firm, ‘Damac Suites and Spa’ will be an independently-run unit of Damac offering services such as housekeeping at the most basic level, to items such as personalised butler services and chef services at the higher end of the spectrum.
The company will oversee Damac’s first serviced apartment development, ‘Burjside Boulevard,’ in the exclusive Downtown Dubai/Burj Khalifa precinct, it stated.
In addition, the service will also be made available to residents of other premium Damac Properties’ projects, the statement added.
'Damac Suites and Spa will provide a comprehensive list of services for residents, spanning from state of the art spa treatments, housekeeping, concierge services, chauffeur driven cars and even private jet and yacht charter,' said Niall Mc Loughlin, senior VP of Damac Properties.
'The positioning is ‘luxury at your service’ where we will offer the personalization of every hotel service conveniently in customer’s apartments,' he pointed out.
“We are seeking to create the total luxury lifestyle experience for people residing within premium Damac developments,” he added.
On the Damac move, Mc Loughlin said this represents a strategic shift for Damac and follows extensive market research.
The company identified a clear market niche and is seeking to provide a service unlike anything currently on offer in Dubai, he stated.
The concept for Burjside Boulevard is groundbreaking for Damac as it bridges the divide between high-end residential apartments and luxury five-star hotels, the company statement said.
The range of services offered by ‘Damac Suites and Spa’ will allow residents of Burjside Boulevard to tailor their serviced apartment management package to their specific needs.
Designed by award winning German architects Koschany & Zimmer, Burjside Boulevard will have 49 floors, with an entire floor dedicated to leisure.
The temperature controlled swimming pool will be the centrepiece of the leisure deck, with a fine cuisine restaurant and lounge overlooking the pool. Construction of the tower is currently up to level 35, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares