Emirates sees more orders at Dubai airshow
Dubai, September 27, 2011
Emirates, Dubai's fast-growing state airline, will likely place more orders at the Dubai airshow in November, its chairman said on Tuesday.
The carrier, the biggest customer for the Airbus A380 superjumbo with 90 orders, has previously said it planned to expand its fleet to eventually include 120 of the jets.
'It is more positive that we might sign something,' chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum said when asked about the likelihood of aircraft purchases at the airshow.
The airline's president said this week Emirates had seen no drop in demand despite a weakening global economy. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief