Manila travellers ‘glad back in Bahrain’
Manama, September 28, 2011
Despite being delayed by four hours as a result of flooding caused by Typhoon Nesat in the Philippines, passengers touching down in Bahrain from Manila last night (September 27) were in high spirits upon arrival.
One Bahraini man, who had been on a business trip to the Philippines capital, described the scenes in the city.
"I am very happy to be home," said the man, who did not wish to be named.
"The winds and the rain in Manila were very strong but where I was staying it was not too bad. I got all my business done so that is the main thing."
A Filipino couple arriving in Bahrain to see their son and his family were greeted by their very excited grandchildren.
The man, who wished to remain anonymous, said severe weather conditions were typical of the Philippines at this time of the year but that the current conditions were particularly bad.
"We live just outside Manila and we travelled into the city to come to the airport. On the way we did not see much damage but there was some flooding in Manila,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments