Gulf Air honours travel agents
Manama, October 1, 2011
Bahrain's national carrier Gulf Air recently hosted a dinner party in honour of a number of the region's top travel agents.
The airline also recognised their outstanding performance for the year with an official award ceremony held at the Dragon Hotel in Amwaj Island.
"Gulf Air recognises and celebrates a longstanding relationship with the region's travel agents," said Gulf Air chief commercial officer Karim Makhlouf.
"They are key players in the airline industry and integral channels for its growth and development.
"Recognising their achievements is a reflection of our appreciation of their continued efforts," remarked Makhlouf as he unveiled a series of commercial initiatives.
These include the soon to be launched Falcon Corporate Plus, a package designed exclusively for corporate travellers which offers a range of benefits, including special price discounts and free upgrades from economy to Falcon Gold class.
Gulf Air's popular Frequent Flyer programme, recently renamed Falcon Flyer, now offers members even more attractive privileges and value added benefits such as bonus miles up to 250 per cent, guaranteed seats, priority baggage handling, half miles redemption and family membership.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely