Nasair marks Kerala launch anniversary
Riyadh, October 4, 2011
Saudi budget airline nasair is celebrating the first anniversary of its operations to Kozhikode in the south Indian state of Kerala from Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam.
The airline owned by private aviation group, National Air Services (NAS Holding) entered the low cost carrier market with a strong expansion strategy for India by operating four flights between Saudi and Kozhikode airport.
"At nasair we believe that one of the markers of success is serving our customers with efficiency, intelligence and warmth, that's how we have become the smart choice for customers on our network," said nasair Deputy CCO, Turki Al Jawini.
"We also know that tapping into new markets and growing destinations is the best way for us to service our people and India is one of the critical destinations we hope to continue to invest in," he noted.
The Saudi carrier which began operations in 2007 has grown exponentially, transporting more than five million customers, he added.
"It is also a pioneering 'Smart Choice', serving customers with over 450 weekly flights," Al Jawini added.
Nasair fleet consists of 15 aircraft covering 27 destinations both within and outside Saudi. Priced competitively, the fleet is considered the youngest in the region with Airbus A320s and Embrear E190s.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely