Bahrain Airport Services get new CEO
Manama, October 19, 2011
Bahrain Airport Services (BAS), one of the largest Airport handling companies in the Gulf region, has named George Saounatsos as its new chief executive officer.
Saounatsos, who replaces Phil Bowell, brings a depth of experience and expertise to the company, having held senior positions with several major aviation companies and airports in Europe and the Middle East, said BAS chairman Jalal Mohammed Jalal.
"A seasoned professional, he has served in different managerial, operational and engineering capacities with aviation industry leaders," said Jalal.
"Saounatsos has the necessary skills and experience to deliver improved service performance and financial results," he added.
Commenting on his appointment, Saounatsos said he looked forward to working with the board, management and staff.
"By using our joint experience and capabilities and building a well-bonded team, we will take BAS to new heights of success," he stated.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens